These paleo pumpkin scones are loaded with good for you ingredients and nutrient dense! With collagen as a star ingredient, you can be sure these scrumptious gems have some protein to get you thru your morning!
We have been making these scones for time now! I am super confident you will love this recipe!!
I have added collagen and acacia fiber to up the nutritional bang, just like I did in my keto protein bars! They are healthful additions to any baked goods, and do not alter the flavor at all! The additional fiber and protein will help keep your family satiated!
I’ve been adding it my bulletproof pumpkin lattes too, SO good! My hair and nails are thriving too thanks to this addition!
These paleo pumpkin scones are super easy to throw together in a food processor and have ready for a nourishing start to a school day, or an after school snack. And if you’re anything like me…having stuff ready to go on busy work and school mornings is a LIFESAVER!! Of course, they may not last thru two whole meals…but double batches are always an option!!
With a tender crumb and hint of pumpkin spice, you will love these healthy scones, and your family will too!
Healthy Pumpkin Scone Flavor Variations:
While I have to pick a flavor combo and post a recipe for it, there are so many ways to play around this basic healthy pumpkin scone recipe to make it your own! Here are some ideas:
- Brush tops with milk or egg whites and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar
- Chocolate chips are always an option
- Topped with this amazing low carb cream cheese brown butter frosting
- orange zest or Wild Orange essential oil
- Chopped fresh cranberries with orange zest, or dried cranberries too!
- With a drizzle of this caramel glaze
Any other ideas? I am an orange and cranberry kind of girl..but kids won’t have it. Stinkers. Mom’s needs and preferences always go lat when it comes to baked goods in this house…otherwise I’ll have a whole batch to eat by myself..no bueno!!
More healthy pumpkin recipes to try:
- Dairy Free Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- Swirled Pumpkin Chocolate Brownies
- Flourless Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars @ Prepare & Nourish
- Homemade Chicken Korma @ I Heart Umami
Paleo Pumpkin Scones Recipe:
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup collagen use code "TESSA10" for an additional 10% off
- 1/4 cup acacia fiber optional, adds good fiber!
- 1/2 cup erythritol or any granulated sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice optional
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons frozen butter cut up into 6-10 pieces, OR coconut oil, COLD
Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and prepare your cookie sheet with a baking mat or parchment.
Remove the lid and add the wet ingredients in, pulsing just enough to combine. Dough should come together easily when pressed with your hands, if not, add a tablespoon or two of any milk or yogurt until it does.
Gather the dough into a ball, handling as little as possible (so as not to warm the fat too much). Pat it into a 10" circle (about) on the prepared cookie sheet.
Use a sharp knife to cut the circle into 10 -12 pieces. Using a spatula, gently lift each triangle up and back, giving the scones a bit of space to expand.
Bake for 18-20 minutes until just golden and set.
Let cool about 5 minutes to firm up, enjoy!!
If you like the chocolate drizzle, simple melt your favorite chocolate and drizzle over the tops! I used my favorite lower carb stevia sweetened chocolate this time: Lily's.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!