This low carb hot cereal will be ready in minutes and satisfy that porridge craving when grains are not on the menu and you can’t stand the thought of another egg breakfast! I’ve been there…trust me! As much as I adore eggs, sometimes you just want something ELSE when you are on a ketogenic, paleo, or low carb meal plan!
I have done various Whole30 resets, and did a ketogenic style eating plan for over a year. I modified my original paleo oatmeal to enjoy occasionally, and I also did some smoothies (one my favorites was this keto chocolate shake). And eggs. Lots and lots of eggs in all their glorious forms!! I am a total sucker for a molten yolk!
But sometimes…you just want something to change things up…and this cereal was born to fill that need!
Warm and cozy, this cereal is quick to cook up and top with any variety of typical porridge toppings for your pleasure! Personally…I love to add a pat of Kerrygold butter, some cinnamon, maybe a splash of coconut cream. Fresh berries are always a worthy addition!
Can I make this low carb breakfast ahead of time?
Simply prep blend all the ingredients as directed, and then store the mixture, uncooked, in your refrigerator until you are ready to cook some up!!
That means you have a warm and comforting paleo porridge ready to go in under 5 minutes on busy mornings!
Low Carb Hot Cereal Topping Ideas
- MCT Oil, browned butter, butter, coconut butter are all some great healthy fat options!
- Chopped nuts or seeds for added crunch
- Berries are a great addition, and most are good low carb choices in moderation!
- toasted coconut flakes with coconut butter and lime zest sounds like an amazing combo to me!
- maple syrup (low carb or not)
- coconut cream, cream, or milk
Additional Low Carb & Keto Breakfast Ideas:
- My Instant Pot Mini Quiches require no crust and have wonderful silky texture!
- Sometimes you just need a pancake: Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes
- I want to try these Low Carb Cinnamon Sugar Muffins !
Low Carb Hot Cereal Recipe:
If you try this, let me know in the comments below!!
Low Carb Hot Cereal - Keto | Paleo
Creamy, cozy, and ultra filling, this low carb and keto hot cereal if a perfect way to change up your low carb start!
- 1 cup almond milk or any preferred milk
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 2 tablespoons almond flour or whole almonds
- 1 tablespoon flax meal or chia meal
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon erythritol, stevia glycerite, or any sweetener of choice, to taste
- 1 large egg optional
- 1 scoop collagen optional
Place all ingredients into a high powered blender and blend until smooth and no chunks remain. (You may use a regular blender, but I recommend soaking the nuts overnight to soften a bit)
Place the liquid into a small saucepan and gently simmer over medium low heat until thick (if you want it thicker, cook it longer).
Top with preferred toppings, and serve!
NUTRITION FACTS include collagen and egg, although they are optional ingredients!