Healthy Paleo Fudgesicles – Ultra Creamy & Dairy Free

I figure it is pretty par for the course that we are having a major heat wave…the very first of the summer….right when we start back to school!
I was beginning to think that we were going to get through a whole summer with no 90+ days, but alas, I was wrong!   As any normal northwesterner, when the mercury climbs, we think longingly of ways to cool off, and icy treats are the order of the day.
I stumbled upon these reusable silicone push pops on a link a friend sent me….and I had to have a set!!  I have always found the plastic molds I have annoying…hard to clean, hard to get your popsicle out, etc.  After a two batches….I have to say these molds are FANTABULOUS!! (I know that is not a word, but I really love these things!)  Pulling from an idea I found in The Sneaky Chef cookbook and the Whole Life Nutrition blog, I set to work creating a luscious version of avocado chocolate pudding.
Perfect for eating as is, or filling into your popsicle molds for some divine, creamy fudgesicles.  Trust me…you will have NO idea there is avocado in there, and neither will your kids.  The avocado sets the creaminess factor over the top….you will love every creamy bite!
  • NOTE:  Don’t be tempted to use old avocados with brown flesh instead of green… they leave a weird smokey aftertaste not intended or pleasant!  If you flick the stem off the top of an avocado that feels perfect, you should see beautiful mint green flesh, nothing brown!
  • NOTE II: I have also made this with soaked Medjool dates, and less honey (about 8 dates with 4T honey).  If I want it sweeter for a different crowd, I often just add drops of stevia liquid!  If you want a very thick pudding, cut back on the coconut milk.

Healthy Fudgesicles/Chocolate Pudding
Author:

A sneaky treat, no one will ever guess the secret ingredient in these ultra creamy, healthy pops!
  • 1 cup coconut milk (I have used regular and light with no discernible difference)
  • 4-6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I love Dagoba) if you like dark chocolate, use 6 tablespoons
  • 2 fresh, ripe avocados, smallish
  • ¼ cup honey, or more to taste (coconut nectar or maple syrup would also work)
  • Dash of salt (this heightens the chocolate flavor)
  1. Puree the whole mixture in your blender until creamy and smooth. Feel free to add more cocoa or sweetener to suit your tastes.
  2. Fill your molds, freeze, or store in the fridge for a yummy pudding!!

This recipe was shared with This recipe was shared on Hearth & SoulFat Tuesday, GF Tuesday, GF WednesdayGF & DIY Tuesdays,  Waste Not Want NotGF WednesdaysWonderful Wednesdays,

Tagged with: , , ,
Posted in Dessert, Grain Free/Paleo, Recipes 4 Everyday & Everyone, Snacks, Vegan
25 comments on “Healthy Paleo Fudgesicles – Ultra Creamy & Dairy Free
  1. Eva says:

I used Almond Chocolate milk instead of the coconut milk and my avocado hatin neighbor devoured it!

2. Nicole says:

I have heard of using avacados but have not yet tried it. They certainly look delicious, I’ll have to give it a try. Visiting from Domesblissity link up – have a great weekend!

3. YUM! Tessa, we are so on the same wavelength with frozen chocolate delights that get their creaminess from healthy ingredients. ;-) My latest recipe on my blog didn’t use avocado, but I used some last night to make egg-free cookies. Worked like a charm, but I need to tweak a bit still.

Happy Friday the 13th! xo,
    Shirley

4. Jen says:

Drool . . . I think I am making these today!

I just love Fudgesicles, can’t wait to try these. Your recipe looks awesome! Hope you have a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.

6. Oh this is great and I’m loving those silicone push pop thingys too! Please come share this at our link party – “Home is Where the Heart is” Homesteading and Homemaking http://www.homesteadsimple.com/home-is-where-the-heart-is-link-it-up-wednesdays-2/
    Please feel free to link any other posts you’d like to share!

7. Thank you for your submission on Nourishing Treasures’ Make Your Own! Monday link-up.

Check back later tonight when the new link-up is running to see if you were one of the top 3 featured posts! :)

8. Yummo, I also bought those popsicle pops, they are great! Thank you for linking up at H2W last week, I hope you’ll join us this week with another great post! Also, this post was chosen as 1 of my top 3 this week, so this post will be featured!

9. I bought my first popsicle molds this year, so have been gathering recipes, and these are on my must-try list. I also added it to the paleo popsicle roundup in my latest blog post. Thanks for your delicious creativity!

10. Laura says:

So my daughter just made me click on your recipe Tessa from the picture on the blog hop and said we must make this! Looks scrumptious and refreshing!

11. Lauren says:

These look delicious Tessa! I love simple, easy recipes like this. My daughters and I love popsicles, so I will have to make these for all of us soon! :-)

12. Oh my goodness! Avocado! That’s genius! Visiting from The Gluten Free Homemaker.

13. I can’t wait to make these! I’ve heard using avocado with cocoa powder makes things so rich and creamy. I bet these are delicious! I have a link-up party going on if you are interested in sharing.

14. I bet in a few years time, ice pops such as this will be sprouting up in grocery stores!!! Put a patent on these QUICK before someone takes you idea ;)

15. Healthy Fudgesicles? I’m in! What a great wholesome recipe, Tessa, and how wonderful it is so allergy friendly too. Pinning to my Frozen Desserts board :)

16. What a neat push up set!! Great recipe! Thanks for sharing at Gluten Free Fridays!

17. Laura L. says:

The recipe sounds really good but the picture looks very unappetizing…

18. Tessa, these look AMAZING!!! Thank you for sharing with Natural Living Monday!

19. That’s so easy! Thank you for sharing. Hello from Fat Tuesday.