As a mom, I absolutely ADORE one pot (or skillet) meals! They are convenient and super easy to clean up.
As a child, I loved all the variations of Hamburger Helper…but today the frightening ingredient list means even withOUT allergies, I would not choose to feed those boxes to my family.
So how to make this a REAL FOOD meal? Come with me, and I will show you an easy way to make every kiddo happy with a yummy dinner!
You may also want to check out a couple other of my one skillet meals:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon EACH paprika, parsley, oregano, garlic powder, salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste for extra umami = flavor (optional), my husband and I added hot chili sauce as well.
- 1½ cup favorite milk (Use unsweetened; coconut or almond are my favorites.
- 1½ cup beef broth (I use my own homemade beef bone broth for added nutrition benefits.
- 2⅓ cups gluten free noodles, I use Trader Joes Brown Rice Spirals, or Tinkiyada.
- 1 cup allowed cheddar cheese (I used Daiya Cheddar Shreds)
- 1-2 teaspoons gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat a large skillet with a tight fitting lid over medium heat (my cast iron pan is my absolute favorite and what I use 99% of the time for all my stove top cooking!).
- Add in your ground beef and diced onion, brown.
- Add in all the spices.
- Stir in the liquids and noodles.
- Bring to a gentle simmer, cover, and turn the heat to low.
- Simmer about 10-15 minutes until the noodles are tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat, vent the lid, and let rest to absorb the remaining liquid for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese and Worcestershire, taste, add more salt if necessary, enjoy!
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!