A fun recipe to use up some of that proliferation many of us experience in the summer months: zucchini!! I figured gluten free zucchini pancakes were a great way to get some additional produce into my kids…and I bet you will too!
Nothing better than a recipe you can compile all within the convenience of your blender or food processor! At least in MY world!!
These pancakes were born of a desire to use up more my garden’s zucchini. And since my kids are OBSESSED with pancakes and waffles for breakfast, getting a serving of vegetable into these breakfast staples is a nice bonus.
You won’t notice the zucchini, it blends right in and lends a lovely moist crumb to the pancakes.
THERE IS A LOT OF VARIANCE IN MOISTURE CONTENT OF ZUCCHINI
If the batter seems thin, it’s OK to add a couple tablespoons of any of the flours to thicken the batter to a typical pancake batter! I do NOT recommend the ginormous zucchinis that have loads of large seeds and watery pulp in the center…so be sure to scrape that part out if that is what you are using!
- Keep a rough balance of 1/3 starch and 2/3 wholegrain, and the pancakes should perform well. I know some people do not keep teff around (but you should!), so sub if you need to and share your tweaks with us! I think brown rice, sorghum, or gluten free oat flour would all make good subs.
Have you checked out my GF flour tips page? Although I have some updating to do, there is lots of helpful information there for newcomers.
Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes Recipe:
Blender Zucchini Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cup favorite milk I use So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 3/4 cup zucchini shredded, chunked, whatever
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or any fat
- 3 tablespoons honey or stevia equivalent
- 2 teaspoons chia meal or one egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup teff flour
- 2/3 cup millet flour or brown rice, sorghum, oat
- 2/3 cup tapioca flour split with half potato starch for less chewy/guminess as you prefer
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Chocolate chips to taste I use 4-5 per pancake
Preheat your pan to about medium heat
Place all the ingredients in your blender or food processor, in order listed and blend until smooth.
Cook pancakes in a preheated, well greased pan. OR, these work great as waffles too!
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!