This is my new favorite breakfast!! It is so easy, and it sticks with me all morning. My husband would definitely agree: once tried, it’s pretty hard not to enjoy these gluten free breakfast pizzas on a regular rotation! While the kids might prefer our family favorite teff pancakes, I prefer savory breakfast generally.
And while eggs are generally considered a breakfast food…I have known a few family members to whip these up for a quick and easy dinner too! Shh…I won’t tell if you enjoy eggs any time of the day like us!
Although I am sure different types of tortillas would work…gluten free/corn free or not, I LOVE the crispy crunchy texture of the brown rice tortillas. They have a nice neutral flavor easy for kids to like (unlike teff tortillas…which have corn in them anyways!).
I think corn tortillas would be too dry for this without brushing them w/ some oil first, and flour tortillas might work for those who can have them, although they would not be as crunchy. Let me know if you try one of these options and how it turns out! Have fun with your toppings and making it your own: this is a basic recipe begging for personalization!!
Gluten free breakfast pizza topping ideas:
- Meats: ham, bacon, and sausage would all be tasty!
- Veggies: if you have any sauteed veggies lying around, they make a great addition too! I like mushrooms, peppers, onions.
- Raw veggies: I like to throw on some micor greens, chopped arugula, or spinach sometimes.
- Cheese: I prefer sharp flavored cheeses…you get to decide! Sheep milk feta, sharp cheddar, gouda, goat cheese all tasty.
- pickled jalapeños and hot sauce of your choosing. One of my favorite hot sauces of late is a locally made Yellow Bird Habanero Hot Sauce…it’s SO amazing!
Make ahead breakfast pizzas?
While I do not recommend reheating these…it’s super easy to have your toppings queued and ready to go for busy work and school mornings. The longest part is the oven preheating then!
- I cook a whole package of chicken sausages, and have them precooked and ready to go in the refrigerator for busy mornings. Having precooked sausage links is a great breakfast protein for school days. And once cooked, they are easy to slice up and throw on the pizzas!
- pre cooked and chopped bacon
- chopped ham
- any veggie saute
- pre cut veggies
Leave a comments and tell me YOUR family’s favorite combos!
Additional gluten free breakfast recipes:
- Instant Pot Mini Quiches
- Mess Free Crispy Bacon
- Mexican Eggs
- Maple, Almond Butter and Banana Overnight Oats @ The Organic Kitchen
Breakfast Pizza Recipe:
I want to hear about what toppings YOU love, leave a comment below!
Baked Egg Breakfast Pizzas
- 1 brown rice tortilla
- 1 link sausage link cooked, chopped OR ham, OR bacon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cheese or ANY cheese of your choosing
- tomatoes avocado, salsa, peppers, spinach leaves, green onion, hot sauce
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Using either a Silpat with a perforated sheet, or a cookie sheet, assemble your tortilla.
Scatter the sausage and any veggies, then carefully break the two eggs towards the center of the tortilla.
Sprinkle with grated cheese.
Bake in a preheated oven for about 7-8 minutes for soft egg yolks, 10-11 for hard!
Remove from oven, and use a pizza cutter to slice your tortilla into wedges.
Any of the links in my posts may be affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, I might make a commission. Your support is much appreciated and pays for the cost of running this free resource!