Chocolate Raspberry Creme Smoothie – Paleo & Vegan

Chocolate Raspberry Creme Smoothie

Another full meal deal smoothie.    This one is thick and creamy thanks to the addition of avocado, and the chocolate flavor disguises the baby greens!  Slurp!

This post is part of May 2013 Go Ahead Honey It’s Gluten Free over at Shirley’s GFE!  Come visit to see all the recipes under the theme” “When You’re Grain Free and Feeling Like a Nut, But Don’t Eat Tree Nuts or Peanuts”

Go-Ahead-Honey-May-2013

Chocolate Raspberry Creme Smoothie

• 1½ cup non dairy milk (I use Trader Joes Unsweetened Coconut Milk)
  • ¾ cup frozen raspberries or strawberries
  • 1 banana, peeled
  • ¼ avocado
  • 1 handful baby greens like spinach
  • 3 T cocoa powder
  • 1 tablespoon chia seeds
  • 2 teaspoons unflavored beef gelatin (optional, for additional protein only. If you are vegan, increase the chia seeds, add a handful raw cashews, or a scoop of your favorite protein powder)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • Liquid stevia drops or honey to taste (I use about 10-12 drops stevia)
  • Optional: 2 tablespoons coconut butter
  1. Place all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth and creamy.

img_1959

This recipe was shared on My Meatless Monday, Make Your Own Monday, Natural Living Monday, Motivation Monday, Mostly Homemade Monday, Tasteful Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Hearth & Soul, Traditional Tuesdays, Eco Kids, Tuesday Greens, GF Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Health 2Day Wednesday, Seasonal Celebration, Wildcrafting Wednesday, Whole Foods Wednesdays, Thank Your Body Thursday, Tasty Traditions, Pennywise Platter, Full Plate Thursday, Raw Foods Thursday, Fresh Bite Friday, Wellness Weekend, Fight Back Friday, Healthy Vegan Fridays, Whole Foods Friday, Simple Meals Friday, Wheat-Free Wednesday,, Well Fed Wednesday,Tuned In Tuesday Waste Not Want Not WednesdayWeekend Wholefoods Blender Party,

Tagged with: , , , ,
Posted in Breakfast, Recipes 4 Everyday & Everyone, Smoothies/Drinks
25 comments on “Chocolate Raspberry Creme Smoothie – Paleo & Vegan
  1. Tessa this looks amazing! I just posted a cantaloupe smoothie last week using Great Lakes Gelatin (an excellent grass fed source of gelatin). Love having a quick breakfast with one of these smoothies. Can’t wait to try this :)!

2. amber says:

This looks amazing, Tessa! Wow! I think you’ve got something there with the gelatin. I’ve been making smoothies every morning (with hemp protein) – so thick and creamy. That’s really my idea of a smoothie. Thick and creamy. Love! :-)

3. Amy Jo says:

This is gorgeous and absolutely delicious!

4. So my last three breakfasts have been submissions to Raw Foods Thursdays. And now I just found my breakfast for tomorrow! Thank you! (And tomorrow’s my birthday, so Chocolate Raspberry Creme Smoothie sounds like a perfect way to start the day!)

5. This one looks great too. Thanks for sharing at Wildcrafting Wednesday.

6. Love it! I need to add avocado to my shopping list. I made a chocolate pudding a few times for the kids that included avocado and they ate it up, no questions.

Thanks for another great recipe for Motivation Monday!

A very refreshing Smoothie! Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend.

8. Lilly Sue says:

YUM! This looks like a great morning smoothie :) Thank you!

9. This sounds great! My hubby and I have been enjoying avocado in our smoothies and it keeps me full till lunchtime! With all those greens and berries, the colors we make aren’t always so appetizing but yours looks great!

10. Lol, I love that you slipped greens in there and no one would ever know ;) Thanks for sharing this on WNWNW, I’ve pinned it.

11. Kathy says:

I wandered here from Fight Back Friday (I think). This was a BIG hit at our Easter brunch (I double the raspberries).

thank-you.

12. Thank you for your submission on Nourishing Treasures’ Make Your Own! Monday link-up.

Check back tomorrow when the new link-up is running to see if you were one of the top 3 featured posts! :)

13. Been looking for new kinds of smoothies to make. This one looks delicious!

Thank you for sharing this on Tuned-in Tuesday Blog Hop! Looking forward to seeing what you have to share tomorrow! http://www.healthyrootshappysoul.com/2013/03/tuned-in-tuesday-blog-hop-3.html

14. Lisa Lynn says:

MMmmmmm! Thanks for sharing this on Wildcrafting Wednesday! Hope to see you again today!

15. Oh Oh OH! This looks great! Got this pinned and tweeted as well! Thanks for linking up to Gluten Free Fridays! :)

16. What a wonderful recipe! Stopping by for a visit:) Lynn

Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Enjoy your new Red Plate and have a great weekend.

18. Becky says:

Another great recipe that packs a healthy punch! Thanks for sharing over on Tuesday Greens.

19. You’d never even know there was baby spinach in this smoothie, what a great drink to give a nice hidden health kick! It looks really creamy too, like I should get a spoon and dig in like dessert :)
    Thanks for sharing this at the Weekend Wholefood Blender Party, this smoothie is divine!