Another full meal deal smoothie. This one is thick and creamy thanks to the addition of avocado, and the chocolate flavor disguises the baby greens! Slurp!
This post is part of May 2013 Go Ahead Honey It’s Gluten Free over at Shirley’s GFE! Come visit to see all the recipes under the theme” “When You’re Grain Free and Feeling Like a Nut, But Don’t Eat Tree Nuts or Peanuts”
- 1½ cup non dairy milk (I use Trader Joes Unsweetened Coconut Milk)
- ¾ cup frozen raspberries or strawberries
- 1 banana, peeled
- ¼ avocado
- 1 handful baby greens like spinach
- 3 T cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons unflavored beef gelatin (optional, for additional protein only. If you are vegan, increase the chia seeds, add a handful raw cashews, or a scoop of your favorite protein powder)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Liquid stevia drops or honey to taste (I use about 10-12 drops stevia)
- Optional: 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- Place all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth and creamy.
This recipe was shared on My Meatless Monday, Make Your Own Monday, Natural Living Monday, Motivation Monday, Mostly Homemade Monday, Tasteful Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Hearth & Soul, Traditional Tuesdays, Eco Kids, Tuesday Greens, GF Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Health 2Day Wednesday, Seasonal Celebration, Wildcrafting Wednesday, Whole Foods Wednesdays, Thank Your Body Thursday, Tasty Traditions, Pennywise Platter, Full Plate Thursday, Raw Foods Thursday, Fresh Bite Friday, Wellness Weekend, Fight Back Friday, Healthy Vegan Fridays, Whole Foods Friday, Simple Meals Friday, Wheat-Free Wednesday,, Well Fed Wednesday,Tuned In Tuesday, Waste Not Want Not Wednesday,