Gluten free dairy free cheese crackers tips:
- If your crackers seem overly crumbly or dry, it likely means you do not have enough water! The dough should press together easily, so be sure to add a few additional teaspoons of cold water as needed!
- How thin you roll these out does effect the final texture. However, get as close to that 1/8″ or less to make them nice and crispy!
- While I tested this recipe out with Daiya cheese, if you have an different dairy free cheese that melts and you enjoy, it should work well!
Serving suggestions for these vegan cheese crackers
- My smoky eggplant dip is a personal favorite!
- This vegan nacho cheese sauce is ridiculously good!
- Maryland crab dip is hot and delicious!
- Hot and melty with no cheese, this dairy free artichoke dip is creamy and satisfying!
Additional gluten free dairy free recipes:
- I love these veggie loaded Vietnamese salad rolls!
- These paleo energy bars use lime, coconut, and hemp hearts!
- My low fat peanut butter dip is loaded with protein!
Gluten Free dairy Free Cheese Crackers Recipe:
If you try these crunchy crackers, be sure to come back and leave a comment below!
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Cheese Crackers
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour or more brown rice, rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons chia meal or flax meal
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/2 cup palm shortening favorite vegan butter would work too
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Daiya cheese I used a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar styles b/c it is what I had on hand, any cheese would work here
- 3-6 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Using a pastry blender, your hands, or a food processor, cut in any mix of the palm shortening or vegan butter until crumbly.
- Stir in the cheese, and then add the water, stirring to form a ball. Use enough water to bring in into a ball. I used my hands to knead the dough and pull it together in the bowl. If it is not cohesive, add a few extra teaspoons of cold water to pull it all together.
- Divide dough into two equal balls. Using a piece of parchment paper, or a non-stick baking mat, place one ball of cracker dough on top. Place another mat or parchment paper/wax paper/plastic wrap over the top and roll out into a rough >1/8" thick rectangle.
- Cut the dough into small apx 1" squares using a pizza wheel (or use some cute cookie cutters). Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden and crunchy. The length of time this takes greatly depends on the thickness on the dough. If you need to bake longer....no problem!! I actually ended up removing the cookie sheets, re-slicing the dough and gently separating the small par-baked squares and baking them for another 5 minutes to crisp them up!